Hey guys. My school is looking for a few new teachers to be available for the upcoming semester.
We’re located in Daqing, Heilongjiang China.
I’ll leave a bunch of details below. If you have any questions about the school, living in China or living in Daqing don’t hesitate to ask. I’ve been here for 13 years. I’ve seen it all. (email@example.com )
If you want to contact me just PM me here on Facebook. I’m a teacher and DOS at the school. I am not in charge of hiring. If you want to speak directly with the school’s principal you can email her ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). Her name is Annie, she’s up front and honest and her English is solid. If she’s interested in hiring you she’s going to want to have a video conversation with you, so make sure you have a Skype or Wechat account.
– At least 2 full time positions are open at 3 Bridges English School. They’ve been a solid school with a solid reputation for the past 15 years.
7,000-9,000 per month (I spend 80-100RMB per day living in Daqing)
teachers will get 8K RMB contract completion bonus when the contract expires
– 25 teaching hours per week (negotiable) (most of our classes are 50 minutes long and your 10 minute break between classes counts towards your teaching hours)
– School obviously has the license to employee foreigners and get proper working visas processed
– Bachelors degree and teaching degree (TESOL/CELTA/ETC) is required
– School needs proof of a clean criminal record
– School prefers teachers from Canada, America, the UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand but we’re willing to hire expats from other countries if their spoken English is very solid.
– School provides fully furnished apartment
– School doesn’t pay your utilities. You’re looking at 80-120RMB per month for electricity, 15-20RMB per month for water, 40-50RMB per month for gas if you’re cooking all the time and 60-80RMB per month for Internet depending on provider. You don’t have to go anywhere to pay your bills. The school will give you a receipt and pay some of your utilities for you, while with water and gas someone will come to your home every few months, ask you to go check your meter and read it out for them and they’ll ask you to pay on spot and they will give you a proper receipt
– School provides quality training for all teachers. For experienced teachers that know their way around a classroom this usually means coming in for 2 hours 3 times just to make sure they’ve become familiar with our teaching materials.
– Mandatory meetings lasting 20-30 minutes on Fridays. Usually held 1-2 times a month.
– All teachers get 2 days off a week. School tries really hard to give everyone Mondays and Tuesdays off. (Last semester 1 of our 7 full time teachers had Tuesdays and Thursdays off)
– Your apartment will be really close to the school. No more than 15 minutes walking distance.
– 2-3 mornings a week we are outsourced to Maple Leaf Kindergarten. They have the license to employee foreigners.
– If you’re going somewhere other than our school’s main branch either someone will drive you there or the school will pay for your taxi.
– We occasionally get contracts with training centers to teach adults and they’re a little out of the way. If you’re traveling more than 30 minutes to get to where you’re teaching it’s counted towards your teaching hours.
– For kids aged 4-10 we teach a series of books developed by our school. Kids aged 11 and above learn the Junior New Concept series.